Sunday, February 26, 2017

Thinking of You: BTF #40A/B, Heart 2 Heart "Hello Lovely", and Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenges.


Hi again.  I am here now with my second card for the day.  This one I used several challenges for inspiration.  First, I knew I would be using the "Hello Lovely" paper collection from CTMH and two of the challenges are to use this collection.  One is Between The Folds (BTF) #40 A/B and it's is found here.  

The other challenge is the Heart 2 Heart Challenge for February to use "Hello Lovely" and it's found here.  Heart 2 Heart Challenges

The third challenge I am entering is the Happy Little Stampers "Anything Goes with Dies" challenge for February.  You can find the challenge here.  

So on with the card.  I started with a white A2 card base.  I then cut a large piece of patterned paper from the "Hello Lovely" collection from CTMH at 4" x 5 1/4".  I then cut a piece of white daisy cardstock at 3 3/4" x 4" and I stamped the floral image from the CTMH stamp and die set called "Hello Lovely Cardmaking Bundle" with Versamark ink.  I then used gold embossing powder(CTMH) and heat embossed the image.  I then colored the flowers with colored pencils from Prima and CTMH.  I then covered the main flowers with glue and sprinkled CTMH Prisma Glitter on top. (Sadly, Prisma glitter has been discontinued by CTMH but I bought a bunch for my stash!)  Next, I got my piece of patterned paper that I cut earlier and I die cut the floral image from it.  I am just using the negative piece for this card.  Before attaching the paper to the card I wrapped some Blush Shimmer ribbon (CTMH) around the edges and attached on the back with my tape runner.  I then attached my colored floral piece to the top of my card.  I then lined up the hole left from die cutting the patterned paper over the floral stamped piece.  I used pop dots to add the patterned paper so that there is more visual interest.  I next stamped a banner from the same stamp/die set with Versamark and then gold embossed it same as the floral image.  I stamped the greeting with second generation Sorbet ink (CTMH).  I centered this banner on top of the ribbon and attached with glue tape.  Lastly, I added some rose gold sequins from CTMH.  And there you have it.  
Thanks for popping by,

Janet

7 comments:

Donna said...

Such a pretty card! Love all the sparkle. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

My, what a beautiful card...love the gold embossing on the floral and all the sparkles against the background paper...and topping it off with that lovely ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart, very inspiring.

Helen Gullett said...

This is a sweet and beautiful card. LOVE the cluster of flowers. Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

Annette Clark said...

Fabulous card, Janet! I love all the work and detail you put into your stamped flower image and the clever use of negative space. Thanks for sharing with us at Between The Folds.

Brandi said...

This card is so pretty, very delicate and feminine. I love this paper and you did a great job with it! Thanks for playing along with H2H and BTF!

Brandi R.
H2H and BTF DT member
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anonymous said...

Fab card!!! Thank you for playing along at Heart2Heart Blog! ~ DT Jen

Melissa Robinson said...

Awww...sweet card! Gotta love the "sparkle" you added!

Thanks for linking up to us at Heart 2 Heart!

Melissa Robinson
MlisRobinson.CTMH.com